Contributions to SVOC2019 should be related to the general theme of the conference “The Role of State in Varieties of Capitalism” especially but not exclusively focusing on the following topics:
- new renaissance of the Polanyian research on the state-market relationship;
- institutional changes in the Global North and South in the age of hybridity;
- new forms of statism and its impact on global governance;
- BRICS and alternative global institutions;
- revival of industrial policy in the early twenty-first century;
- business-politics relationship in the light of rising illiberalism ;
- the role of informal institutions in emerging and developing economies.
Our keynote speakers will be:
- Professor Ziya Önis (Koç University Istanbul, Professor of International Political Economy)
- Professor László Csaba (Professor of International Political Economy at Central European University and Corvinus University of Budapest)
We now welcome proposals for individual papers relating to any of the conference themes.
Please note that this year we will be using the Easychair conference system for abstract submissions. The Easychair website for the SVOC2019 conference is: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=svoc2019 where you will be asked to register with a valid email address and a password. The final deadline for abstract submissions will be July 31, 2019.
The SVOC2019 conference is organized by the Institute of World Economics of the Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences and Center for EU Enlargement Studies, Central European University.
Gyula Gaal – email@example.com
Venue: Central European University, Budapest
Deadline for abstract submission: July 31, 2019
Notification of acceptance: Aug 15, 2019
Payment of Conference Fees: October 31, 2019
Full paper submission: October 31, 2019
Conference fees (access to the Conference, Conference lunches, Conference breaks Conference dinner)
Registration fees: 140 euros (if paid after September 30, 2019)
Early bird (if paid before September 29, 2019): 100 euros
Reduced registration fees (for PhD students if paid before September 29, 2019): 60 euros
Reduced registration fees (for PhD students if paid after September 30, 2019): 80 euros
Fees can be paid only by bank transfer.
Website of the conference: For all information and updates.