Understanding the challenges of the current legislation on migration and asylum
25 – 27 September 2017 / Bruges, Belgium
About the course
Improve, extend and update your knowledge and understanding of the EU legislative framework on migration and asylum. This technical and interactive training programme presents the latest updates in the EU immigration and asylum legislation. The objective of this seminar is to provide participants with a professional guide to the EU migration and asylum legal framework and understand its interaction with country-specific rules.
The programme includes an overview of the main legal instruments for migration management at EU level, as well as its main actors. Participants will understand and reflect upon implementation problems that might arise when using these instruments at national level.
Which methodology is used?
The programme combines training sessions on both substance and skills:
- Interactive training sessions presenting the latest developments on migration and asylum legislation;
- Case studies designed to better understand the function of the instruments put in place to face the current refugees crisis;
- Debates to promote experience sharing with lecturers and other participants.
Through this programme, participants will have an opportunity to:
- Improve, extend and update their knowledge and understanding of the EU migration and asylum legislation;
- Understand the role and importance of coordination between the EU and the national level;
- Obtain cutting-edge advice and insights from high-level lecturers;
- Strengthen their analytical skills through the analysis of case studies.