Fri15Jun2018Utrikespolitiska institutet, Drottning Kristinas väg 37, Stockholm
Conference: EU in the Swedish elections
As Sweden is heading for elections this autumn, an increasingly intensive debate is taking place on the EU's major future issues.
Those who represent Sweden in Brussels this autumn will have to deal with migration issues, the EU's role in the world, Brexit and closer cooperation within the Eurozone. What role have the European issues played in Swedish elections? What are the major reform processes today? And what EU issues should get more attention in Sweden?
Welcome to a seminar where experts and European politicians discuss Europe in Sweden and Sweden in Europe.
- Christoffer Fjellner, Moderate Member of the European Parliament
- Jytte Guteland, Social Democratic Member of the European Parliament
- Annika Ström Melin, journalist, writer and EU correspondent for Dagens Nyheter
- Magnus Blomgren, University Lecturer at the Department of Political Science, Umeå University
- Maria Strömvik, Senior Lecturer at the Department of Political Science and Deputy Director of the Center for European Research, Lund University.
Björn Fägersten, Senior Researcher and Head of the UI European Program will moderate.
The seminar is organised together with The Trans European Policy Studies Association (TEPSA) and co-financed by the EU's "Europe for Citizens" program.
More info here
Click here for the the events archive.