The new TEPSA project “FEUTURE – The Future of EU-Turkey Relations. Mapping Dynamics and Testing Scenarios” was officially launched on 1 April 2016.
FEUTURE is a TEPSA project on EU-Turkey relations that last for three years (from 1 April 2016 till 30 March 2019).
Thanks to its broad consortium made up of renowned research institutes across Europe and beyond, FEUTURE sets out to explore fully different options for further EU-Turkey cooperation in the next decade, including analysis of the challenges and opportunities connected with further integration of Turkey with the EU. To do so, FEUTURE applies a comprehensive research approach with the following three main objectives:
- Mapping the dynamics of the EU-Turkey relationship in terms of their underlying historical narratives and thematic key drivers.
- Testing and substantiating the most likely scenario(s) for the future and assessing the implications (challenges and opportunities) these may have on the EU and Turkey, as well as the neighbourhood and the global scene.
- Drawing policy recommendations for the EU and Turkey on the basis of a strong evidence-based foundation in the future trajectory of EU-Turkey relations.
The consortium will be lead by TEPSA Chairperson Prof. W. Wessels (University of Cologne) as coordinator and Dr. Nathalie Tocci (IAI), as scientific coordinator, with Dr. Funda Tekin as project director. It is formed by the following institutes:
- University of Cologne
- Istituto Affari Internazionali (IAI)
- Istanbul Bilgi University
- Barcelona Centre for International Affairs (CIDOB)
- Centre international de formation européenne (CIFE)
- Caucasus Research Resource Center Georgia (CRRC)
- Danish Institute for International Studies (DIIS)
- Centre for Economics and Foreign Policy Studies (EDAM)
- Hellenic Foundation for European and Foreign Policy (Eliamep)
- Koç University
- Middle East Research Institute (MERI)
- Middle East Technical University (METU)
- Trans European Policy Studies Association (TEPSA)
- American University in Cairo
- Sabancı University
To stay up to date with the activities of the FEUTURE project, you can subscribe to the FEUTURE Newsletter by sending an email to email@example.com with your name and affiliation or by filling up the registration form on the FEUTURE website.