What do national stakeholders think about differentiated integration?
To answer this question, in the framework of the InDivEU project TEPSA and the Robert Schuman for Advanced Studies of the European University Institute are organising, in cooperation with the local TEPSA member institutes, seven Stakeholder Forums in selected EU capitals in 2020-21. These participatory workshops aim to mobilise the insights of key stakeholders on the challenges and opportunities of differentiated integration.
In particular, the Stakeholder Forums will stimulate an exchange of views among national stakeholders as to the feasibility, the desirability and the sustainability of differentiated integration in the EU. To this end, they will gather a focused group of around 20 stakeholders from five different sectors: policy-makers and civil servants, businesses and interest groups, civil society organisations, academia and think tanks, and journalists.
The InDivEU Stakeholder Forums will gather stakeholders from the following EU countries:
- Estonia (in cooperation with the Estonian Foreign Policy Institute)
- Finland (in cooperation with the Finnish Institute of International Affairs)
- France (in cooperation with the Centre International de Formation Européenne)
- Netherlands (in cooperation with the Clingendael Institute)
- Poland (in cooperation with the University of Warsaw, InDivEU partner)
- Slovakia (in cooperation with the Institute of European Studies and International Relations at Comenius University in Bratislava)
- Spain (in cooperation with Elcano Royal Institute)
Due to the COVID-19 related restrictions currently in place and in order to safeguard the health of all participants, some workshops will take place in a virtual format.
The first Stakeholder Forum took place in Poland on 19 October 2020. Participation in the workshops is only upon invitation.
- Stakeholder Forum I | Poland | 19 October 2020
- Stakeholder Forum II | Slovakia | 29 October 2020
- Stakeholder Forum III | Netherlands| 5 November 2020
- Stakeholder Forum IV | Estonia | 25 November 2020
- Stakeholder Forum V | Finland | 28 January 2021
- Stakeholder Forum VI | Spain | 2 February 2021
- Stakeholder Forum VII | France | 9 February 2021