Austrian Society for European Politics (ÖGfE)
Secretary General: Paul Schmidt
Contact: email address
The Austrian Society for European Politics (Österreichische Gesellschaft für Europapolitik / ÖGfE) aims to promote and support information activities on European affairs in Austria. Based in Vienna, the Society is a non-governmental and non-partisan platform mainly constituted by the Austrian Social Partners.
Since its formation in 1991, ÖGfE keeps expanding its range of activities and has accompanied the central steps of the European integration process, inter alia Austria’s EU accession, the introduction of the Euro as a common currency, enlargement towards our central and eastern European neighbours, the Austrian Council Presidencies in 1998 and 2006, the ratification process of the Lisbon Treaty and the European elections.
Our guiding principle, thereby, is to communicate directly and maintain close contact with the citizens as central stakeholders of European integration.
Focal points and activities:
- Public opinion surveys – attitude of the Austrian citizens regarding EU issues
- Comparative analysis of current EU topics
- Information/publications (touring exhibitions, Policy Briefs, brochures, leaflets)
- Public panel discussions
- Public relations: Focus on new media
- EU seminars for opinion leaders (e.g. teachers, media)
- EU information for specific target groups (e.g. pupils)
- RADAR Youth Lab Vienna: Fake News – How dangerous is it for the European Democracy? | Deadline October 6
- “Emigration from Romania: impact and legacy”, Andrei Tiut and Ana Maria Teacă (ÖGFE, Austria)
- “A Permanent EU Investment Fund for Tackling the Climate and Energy Crisis”, Philipp Heimberger and Andreas Lichtenberger (ÖGFE, Austria)
- International Women’s Day 2023: Read our Top Publications
- “The looming deep crisis in Europe – and what to do about it”, Ewald Nowotny (OEGFE, Austria)
- “Demographic decline of Croatia: What is to be done?”, Senada Šelo Šabić (ÖGFE, Austria)
- “The Vulnerability of Women in the Labour Market in Serbia”, Svetlana Stefanović, Maša Vračar (ÖGFE, Austria)
- “Listening to the people: How the Green Agenda Action Plan can do better for the Western Balkans”, Melika Mahmutović (ÖGFE, Austria)
- WATCH: “EU-Wirtschaftssanktionen wird es jetzt eng für Russland?”, December 7 (ÖGFE, Austria)
- TEPSA starts project to Raise Awareness on Disinformation in Europe