Secretary General: Dr. Paul Schmidt
Contact: mail address
The Austrian Society for European Politics (Österreichische Gesellschaft für Europapolitik / ÖGfE) aims to promote and support information activities on European affairs in Austria. Based in Vienna, the Society is a non-governmental and non-partisan platform mainly constituted by the Austrian Social Partners.
Since its formation in 1991, ÖGfE keeps expanding its range of activities and has accompanied the central steps of the European integration process, inter alia Austria’s EU accession, the introduction of the Euro as a common currency, enlargement towards our central and eastern European neighbours, the Austrian Council Presidencies in 1998 and 2006, the ratification process of the Lisbon Treaty and the European elections.
Our guiding principle, thereby, is to communicate directly and maintain close contact to the citizens as central stakeholders of European integration.
Focal points and activities:
– Public opinion surveys – attitude of the Austrian citizens regarding EU issues
– Comparative analysis on current EU topics
– Information/publications (touring exhibitions, Policy Briefs, brochures, leaflets)
– Public panel discussions
– Public relations: Focus on new media
– EU seminars for opinion leaders (e.g. teachers, media)
– EU information for specific target groups (e.g. pupils)