Director General: Anatoliy Rachok
Contact: General Information
The Razumkov Centre is a non-governmental think tank founded in 1994. It carries out research on public policy in the following spheres:
- domestic policy;
- state administration;
- economic policy;
- land relations;
- foreign policy;
- social policy;
- international and regional security;
- national security and defence.
The Razumkov Centre unites experts in the fields of economy, energy, law, political sciences, international relations, military security, land relations, sociology, history and philosophy. The Centre has about 35 full-time employees, and over 100 staff members working on a contractual basis. The Ukrainian-wide public opinion polls of the Razumkov Centre Sociological Service are carried out by over 300 interviewers. The average Centre’s yearly budget is approximately 20,5 UAH mln.
Analytical materials of the Razumkov Centre are:
- recognized and used by different political forces;
- recognized by scientific and expert community;
- presented on the web sites of the Government, some ministries and departments;
- used as analytical and reference materials during the parliamentary heariings in the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine;
- listed as recommended for students of Ukrainian universities;
- have a high index of quoting in Ukrainian and foreign mass media and scientific literature.
In 2004, on the International Economic Forum in Krynica (Poland) Razumkov Centre was named the best non-governmental organisation of Eastern Europe.
According to the 2016 Global Go to Think Tank Index Report, the Razumkov Centre was ranked as follows:
- 36 among the Top 150 Think Tanks Worldwide (non-US)
- 55 among the Top 175 Think Tanks Worldwide (including the US)
- 5th among the Top 90 Think Tanks in Central and Eastern Europe.
Mission of the Razumkov Centre
To encourage the building of a democratic, socially-oriented European state in Ukraine governed by the rule of law, and the development of civil society, improvement of the quality of life of its citizens, enhancement of the international image of the Ukrainian state and attainment of its national interests.
Strategic goals of the Razumkov Centre
- Growth of the Centre’s influence on the authorities, public institutes and the public opinion for implementation of its political recommendations (policy) and spread of knowledge gained in the result of the research
- Guarantee the high quality of analytical products of the Centre and the enhancement of its competitiveness on the international level
- Provision of stable funding of the Centre in volumes sufficient for the attainment of its objectives
- “The war in Donbas: realities and prospects of settlement”, (Razumkov Centre, Ukraine)
- International Round-Table Discussion “Ways and Prospects for Conflict Resolution in Donbas” (Razumkov Centre, Ukraine)
- The Razumkov Centre participated in a conference “Presidential Elections in Ukraine” (Razumkov, Ukraine)
- Participation of the Razumkov Centre in the 2019 European think tank summit (Razumkov, Ukraine)
- Razumkov Centre Participation in Global Solutions Summit 2019 (Razumkov, Ukraine)
- Russia’s hybrid war in Ukraine: report of the Razumkov Centre’s expert in the European Parliament (Razumkov, Ukraine)
- The Razumkov Centre took part in Brussels UkraineLab (Razumkov, Ukraine)
- Expert discussion on monetary policy in Central and Eastern Europe and recommendations for Ukraine (Razumkov, Ukraine)
- “Ukraine 2018-2019: cautious optimism before elections”, Yakymenko Yu. et al. (Razumkov, Ukraine)
- “Ukraine on the eve of election year: public demand, positions of political actors, outline of the new government”, the Razumkov Centre (Ukraine)