The Institute of International relations and Political Science of Vilnius University together with 10 partners invited to the Midterm Conference of EU-STRAT Project. The Midterm Conference took place in Vilnius, Lithuania, October 5 – 6, 2017 (VU IIRPS Vokiečių str. 10, Vilnius, room 402).
Post conference material available on EU STRAT Youtube account:
Recording from speeches delivered at the EU-STRAT’s Midterm Conference in Vilnius October 5, 2017 and interviews with the guests:
- Keynote by V. Maragos (European Commission, DG Neighborhood and Enlargement Negotiations (NEAR)) “Common challenges & reforms in the EaP countr. & the EU & results-oriented cooperation“
- Keynote by prof. Leszek Balcerowicz (Warsaw School of Economics, former advisor to Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko) “On the economics & the political economy of reforms: the role of ext. factors“
- Remarks on keynotes by Andrius Kubilius (former Prime Minister of Lithuania)
- Interview with prof. Leszek Balcerowicz (Warsaw School of Economics & former advisor to Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko)
- Interview with Mr. Vassilis Maragos (European Commission, Head of Unit, DG Neighborhood and Enlargement Negotiations (NEAR)) “Is European Union still in crisis?”
EU-STRAT fully titled as “The EU and Eastern Partnership Countries: An Inside-Out Analysis and Strategic Assessment” is an international research project that studies the relationship between the European Union and the countries in the European Eastern neighbourhood. As EU-STRAT has been running since May 2016 and this midterm conference is dedicated to present EU-STRAT’s intermediary research findings, related to varieties of social orders in Eastern Partnership countries, interdependencies with and soft power by the EU and Russia, and feature insights and debates on the future of the Eastern Partnership. Bringing together participants from the European Union and Eastern Partnership countries, as well as third countries, project team seeks to continue raising awareness of EU-STRAT’s research agenda, one which is highly relevant in today’s political climate.
For more information about conference program and project visit EU STRAT website