Marie Curie Initial Training Network (ITN), Seventh Framework Programme
University of Cologne (Germany), University of Edinburgh (UK), Charles University Prague (Czech Republic), Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS) (Belgium), Trans European Policy Studies Association (TEPSA) (Belgium), European Institute of Public Administration (EIPA) (Netherlands), Finnish Institute of International Affairs (Finland), Istituto Affari Internazionali (Italy), Institute for World Economics of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences (Hungary)
The Initial Training Network “Integrated Training Programme for Analysis, Assessment and Advice on EU´s External Action and its Institutional Architecture” (EXACT) aims at preparing 14 Early Stage Researchers (ESR) for professional and academic careers in universities as well as in the public and private sector in academically based consulting for policy makers. The training network focuses its research on major current and future challenges of the EU in the fields of Commercial Policy, Common Foreign and Security Policy, Common European Defence Policy and Development Cooperation. The training provided through EXACT intends to bridge the gap between Ph.D. training within the academic world on the one hand and the “down-to-earth” need of potential employers in consulting or advisory circles on the other. Therefore, the project pursues an integrated two track curriculum that involves three universities and six think tanks: The scientific track concentrates on academic training leading to a Ph.D. degree, track II focuses on the training of professional skills. Given the growing market for academically trained EU experts in both public and private sectors, the integrated curriculum develops a triple “A” catalogue of skills: theory-led Analysis and Assessment of potential future scenarios in the field of EU’s external action and Advice for strategies. The early stage researchers will attend a 36 month training programme including local and network-wide activities (e.g. individual research projects and Network Seminars) provided by universities and think tanks in the network. The early stage researchers will be given the opportunity to obtain a double Ph. D. degree („co-tutelle”) from two participating universities as well as the EXACT Certificate issued by all participating organisations.
In the context of the project EXACT (Marie Curie ITN on EU external action), from the 1st March onwards, three Early Stage Researchers (ESR) has joined the TEPSA Secretariat in Brussels for eight months. Beside the elaboration of their PhD, they are involved in the daily work of the office notably in the organization of TEPSA activities and conferences.
- EXACT Final Conference on EU External Action, 10-12 July, Brussels (24/06/2013)
- Spring 2013 News from EXACT (14/06/2013)
- 2013: the final year of the EXACT programme! (27/03/2013)
- New Marie Curie EXACT Fellow! (18/12/2012)
- EXACT Network Seminar on Academic Research Skills and Higher Education Qualifications (23/10/2012)
- EXACT fellows’ teach in a Masters-level seminar on ‘EU external action: examples and analyses from current practice’ (12/10/2012)
- Call for Application Early Stage Researcher (20/09/2012)
- UPCOMING EVENTS: EXACT Fellow (25/06/2012)
- Latest Publications EXACT Fellows (25/06/2012)
- Call for Application EXACT Network Seminar on Academic Skills – TEPSA Training 2012 (21/05/2012)