Horizon 2020 Research & Innovation Programme
- University of Cologne (Germany)
- Istituto Affari Internazionali (Italy)
- Istanbul Bilgi University (Turkey)
- Barcelona Centre for International Affairs (CIDOB) (Spain)
- Centre International de Formation Européenne (CIFE) (France)
- Caucasus Research Resource Center (CRRC) (Georgia)
- Danish Institute for International Studies (Denmark)
- Centre for Economics and Foreign Policy Studies (EDAM) (Turkey)
- Hellenic Foundation for European and Foreign Policy (ELIAMEP) (Greece)
- Koç University (Turkey)
- Middle East Research Institute (MERI) (Iraq)
- Middle East Technical University (Turkey)
- Trans European Policy Studies Association (TEPSA) (Belgium)
- American University in Cairo (Egypt)
- Sabancı University (Turkey)
The project FEUTURE – The Future of EU-Turkey Relations. Mapping Dynamics and Testing Scenarios was launched on 1 April 2016 and ended on 31 March 2019.
FEUTURE was a three-year research project on EU-Turkey relations. With a broad consortium made up of renowned research institutes across Europe and beyond, FEUTURE set out to explore the range of different options for further EU-Turkey cooperation in the next decade, by analysing drivers of cooperation within six thematic dimensions (politics, security, economics, energy, migration, identity) and across four levels of analysis (EU, Turkey, neighbourhood, global).
FEUTURE applied a comprehensive research approach with the following three main objectives:
- Mapping the dynamics of the EU-Turkey relationship in terms of their underlying narratives and thematic drivers.
- Testing and substantiating the most likely scenarios for the future and assessing their implications.
- Drawing policy recommendations.
The consortium was led by TEPSA’s Honorary Board Member Prof. W. Wessels (University of Cologne) as Coordinator and Dr. Nathalie Tocci (IAI), as Scientific Coordinator, with TEPSA Board Member Dr. Funda Tekin (University of Cologne) as Project Director.
You can follow FEUTURE on Facebook and Twitter.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 692976.
- FEUTURE project completed on 31 March 2019
- FEUTURE Newsletter No. 12 | March 2019
- FEUTURE Video: The Future of EU-Turkey Relations – Mapping Dynamics and Testing Scenarios
- FEUTURE Synthesis Paper: The future of EU-Turkey relations: a Dynamic Association framework amidst Conflictual Cooperation
- FEUTURE Online Paper No. 32: Identity representations in the narratives on the EU-Turkey relations
- FEUTURE Online Paper No. 31: Five phases of AKP identity politics and how it affects Turkey-EU relations
- FEUTURE Online Paper No. 30: Tracing ebbs and flows in political and legislative reforms in Turkey in view of EU-Turkey relations
- FEUTURE Voice No. 7: Allies at odds with interlinked fates: predicting the Turkey-EU security partnership for 2019
- FEUTURE Voice No. 6: What do Turkey-EU relations mean in the Eastern Neighbourhood?
- FEUTURE Online Paper No. 29: Modes of Regional Cooperation and their Political Economy