Erasmus+ programme, Jean Monnet Networks
See the list of partners here
- Prof. Dr. Bridgid Laffan (EUI, Italy)
- Prof. Dr. Christophe Hillon (NUPI, Norway)
- Dr. Barbara Lippert (Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik, Germany)
- Dr. Sinan Ülgen (EDAM, Turkey)
- Prof. Dr. Bahri Yilmaz (Sabanci University, Turkey)
- Prof. Ziya Önis (Koc University, Turkey)
VIADUCT is a project aiming at creating an academic network linking universities and think-tanks from the EU, Turkey and the neighbourhood to build knowledge on EU-Turkey Cooperation.
Coordinated by Prof Wolfgang Wessels and Dr Funda Tekin at CETEUS, University of Cologne, the Jean Monnet Network VIADUCT was launched on 1st September 2017 and will run for a period of three years till 31st August 2020.
Following an intergenerational, interdisciplinary, international and intertemporal approach, VIADUCT represents a network of 40 partners and one extended network partner from all EU countries, Turkey as well as from Egypt, Georgia, Iceland, Iraq, Israel, Norway, and Switzerland.
Core of the project are three VIADUCT Weeks each consisting of an Annual Conference, a Working Turkey/PhD seminar and an Informal Policy Debate.
The three Annual Conferences, organised by TEPSA in Brussels and Sabanci University in Istanbul, aim to communicate, exploit, disseminate and sustain VIADUCT’s main activities.
The “Working Turkey” Seminars for Master students from different national and disciplinary backgrounds will be organised by TEPSA in cooperation with the academic leaders Prof Silvia von Steinsdorff (HU Berlin) and Prof Sabine Saurugger (Sciences Po) These seminars aim to build knowledge, develop new and innovative teaching curricula and provide a thorough understanding of specific topical EU-Turkey issues.
The Informal Policy Debates aim to foster policy dialogue and exchange of views among academics and practitioners on recent developments in both the EU and Turkey.
For questions, please contact VIADUCT’s Project and Financial Manager Darius Ribbe at the coordination office in Cologne.
- VIADUCT Newsletter No. 10 – February 2020
- Discover the VIADUCT Network: University of Nicosia
- Discover the VIADUCT Network: Turkish-German University
- EVENT CANCELLED Conference ”Bridge Over Troubled Water: Researching & Teaching EU-Turkey Relations”, Brussels 12 March 2020
- Call for applications: VIADUCT Master Students Seminar on EU-Turkey Relations in the field of Economic and Energy Issues
- Call for nominations: VIADUCT Research Award “People”
- Call for papers: VIADUCT Teaching Papers
- Call for papers: VIADUCT Policy Paper
- Call for papers: VIADUCT Student Paper Competition
- Call for nominations: VIADUCT Research Award “Future of the EU”