Prior to the regular TEPSA Pre-Presidency Conferences, TEPSA has a tradition of formulating recommendations to present to the incoming Council Presidency. In advance of the upcoming German Pre-Presidency Conference which takes place virtually on 25-26 June, TEPSA has released four key recommendations to the incoming German Presidency of the Council of the European Union.
These recommendations are formulated by experts from the TEPSA network, without necessarily representing the views of TEPSA or its Member Institutes. They will be presented to the incoming German Council Presidency on the occasion of the TEPSA Pre-Presidency Conference on 25-26 June 2020 in Berlin.
- A Plea for the German Presidency: Investing Boldly and Smartly in the Future, by Nicoletta Pirozzi (Istituto Affari Internazionali, Italy), Funda Tekin (Institut für Europäische Politik, Germany), and Ilke Toygür (Real Instituto Elcano, Spain).
- Supporting the EU’s Economic Recovery, by Michele Chang (College of Europe, Bruges).
- Climate Change and Sustainability, by Gaby Umbach (European University Institute, Florence).
- Resilience of the EU’s Project, by Saila Heinikoski (Finnish Institute of International Affairs, Helsinki).
- Strengthening the EU’s Role in a post-COVID World, by Niklas Helwig (Finnish Institute of International Affairs, Helsinki).
Read the recommendations from members of the TEPSA network to the incoming German Presidency here.