View the SEnECA high-level discussion on “ Strengthening and Enerziging European Union – Central Asia Relations” here.
Date: 18 April 2018, 10:00 – 12:00 (UTC/GMT +3)
Location: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Riga (Latvia)
- Andrejs Pildegovičs, State Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Latvia
- Peter Burian, EU Special Representative for Central Asia
- Nargis Kassenova, Director of the Central Asian Studies Center at KIMEP University, Kazakhstan
- Mirzokhid Rakhimov, Head of the Contemporary History and International Relations Department, National University of Uzbekistan
- Michael Kaeding, Deputy Dean at the Department of Social Sciences of the University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany
- Moderator: Dr. Andris Sprūds, Director of LIIA, Latvia
The high-level panel discussion assesses the status and prospects of the cooperation between the EU and the Central Asian countries. How successful has the EU engagement in the region been so far? How do the activities of the EU align among activities of other external powers? How can the EU further strengthen and energize the relations with the Central Asian countries?
You can engage in the discussion by sending in your questions through @LIIA_LV (Twitter), #H2020SENECA (Facebook) or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Relevant questions will be forwarded to the speakers live during the discussion.