Challenges and vision for a common EU energy policy
3 – 14 July 2017 / Bruges & Brussels, Belgium
About the course
This two-week executive training course wishes to embrace the logic of the Energy Union, thus putting energy consumers – i.e. businesses and households – at the centre of European energy systems and policy-making.
The training course will therefore give participants the opportunity to analyse the current EU energy-climate policies and legislation as well as allow them to delve into the various components of the EU Energy Union. Additionally, wider energy policy concerns will be tackled, such as climate change, innovation and competitiveness, smart cities, energy security and the geopolitics of energy. The interactive lectures will be complemented with study visits, simulation games and case studies. By the end of the course, participants will have a full understanding of the different aspects to take into consideration when approaching the topic of energy and will possess the tools to be able to grasp and address the complex challenges ahead.
- Interactive training: theoretical and practical aspects of the Energy Union;
- Business and country case studies: designed to present and develop essential skills and discuss current issues;
- Simulation games: to apply skills such as crisis management and negotiations on energy matters;
- Study visits: to learn directly from EU and private sector practitioners.
Active participation is required and networking opportunities are strongly encouraged.
Through this programme, participants will have an opportunity to:
- Update and improve their knowledge and understanding of the EU’s energy policy and the Energy Union;
- Explore the links between energy sources, renewables, energy efficiency and climate change;
- Go on a study visit to Brussels and discuss the challenges and future of the Energy Union with high-level EU officials;
- Go on field visits to energy sites, such as a Liquefied Natural Gas terminal;
- Learn in a multicultural environment;
- Extend their personal and professional networks;
- Receive a certificate upon successful completion of the course.