On the occasion of the traditional TEPSA Pre-Presidency Conference that took place in Zagreb, Croatia on 28-29 November 2019, the TEPSA General Assembly convened at the Library of the Croatian Academy of Sciences on 29 November for its ordinary biannual meeting, chaired by Lucia Mokrá (Chairperson of the Board).
The TEPSA General Assembly, composed by representatives of all TEPSA Member Institutes, elected a new Board of the Association, composed of 12 outstanding academics from all over Europe and with a mandate of three years starting as of 1 January 2020:
- Lucia Mokrá (Institute of European Studies and International Relations – Comenius University Bratislava) – Chairperson, elected in June 2019
- Jaap de Zwaan (Erasmus University Rotterdam) – Secretary-General
- Dries Callens – Treasurer
- Michele Chang (College of Europe – Bruges)
- Juha Jokela (Finnish Institute of International Affairs)
- Petr Kratochvíl (Institute of International Relations Prague)
- Sabina Lange (European Institute of Public Administration)
- Irena Pandeva (Faculty of Law “Iustinianus Primus” – Ss. Cyril and Methodius University)
- Nicoletta Pirozzi (Istituto Affari Internazionali)
- Frank Schimmelfennig (Center for Comparative and International Studies – ETH Zurich)
- Funda Tekin (Institut für Europäische Politik)
- Ilke Toygür (Elcano Royal Institute)
TEPSA would like to express its gratitude to Pierre Florent Peterkenne and Atila Eralp for their long-standing service in the Board and their valuable contribution to the development of the Association.
In addition, Michael Kaeding (former Chairperson of the TEPSA Board, 2016-2019) was appointed as a Honorary member of the TEPSA Board by the General Assembly.
Finally, the TEPSA General Assembly voted in favour of the accession of one new Full Member from Georgia, the Policy and Management Consulting Research Center (PMC Research). During the meeting, Giorgi Khishtovani (Research Director at PMC Research) presented to the TEPSA General Assembly an overview of his institutes’ research activities and projects. TEPSA delegates had the opportunity to ask questions about the institute’s research areas, projects, funding sources, and partnerships.
More information about the new Member will be available soon here.