17-21 October 2016
College of Europe, Bruges campus, Dijver 11, 8000 Bruges
About of the course
This one-week interactive course is delivered by high-level experienced professionals and designed for participants to learn about EU Economic Governance, to share experiences, discuss current challenges and to improve their negotiation skills. After giving a general introduction to the EU’s economic policy and integration, practical sessions and exercises will explain to the participants how the European economic governance has evolved and will further cope with the challenges of the 21st century.
The programme combines training sessions on both substance and skills:
Interactive training sessions examining theoretical and practical aspects of EU Economic Governance; A workshop and a case study designed to present and develop essential skills and discuss current issues; A feedback session to consolidate knowledge and encourage debate;
Debates to promote networking and exchange experiences with lecturers and peers.
- Update and improve your knowledge and understanding of the EU’s economic governance and the recent reforms following the economic and financial crisis;
- Acquire relevant skills such as negotiation and legal drafting;
- Participate in a Study Visit and discuss challenges of economic governance with EU officials;
- Explore the role of the EU’s economic policy and economic governance more generally;
- Enjoy a unique opportunity to learn in a multicultural environment and extend your personal and professional networks.
Practical information can be found here.
The programme is available here.