On 27-31 March 2017, TEPSA organised the second edition of its PONT Working Europe Seminar, on EU energy, climate and environmental policy. 17 Master and PhD students from different national and disciplinary backgrounds attended a series of lectures and panel discussions on the current top priorities and trends of EU energy, climate and environmental policy.
All the speakers’ presentation are now available on this website:
- Dr Simone Tagliapietra, Research Fellow at Bruegel, gave the introductory lecture in the form of an overview of EU energy, climate and environmental policy.
- Prof Jaap de Zwaan, presented the legal and institutional history of EU policy in those fields.
- Ms Suzana Carp (Sandbag) presented the shortcomings of the EU ETS from an environmentalist perspective, and Mr Leon de Graaf (Business Europe) presented the industry’s view of the ETS.
- Ms Elina Bardram (European Commission’s DG Climate Action) gave an overview of the advancement of climate negotiations at COP21 and COP22.
- Stéphanie Brochard (American Chamber of Commerce to the EU) presented the role of EU-US relations for climate and energy policy.
- Dr Georg Zachmann, Senior Research fellow at Bruegel, presented the challenges of European energy security.
- Mr Ion Codescu, Head of the environmental implementation unit at the European Commission’s DG Environment, presented the legal and institutional aspects of EU environmental enforcement.
- Mr Andrew Ebrill, Secretary General of the Council of European Energy Regulators (CEER), presented the role of energy regulators in the European context.
For more information on PONT, go to our project page.