Retaining its position from last year, TEPSA ranks among the 10 best think tank networks in the world in the 2020 Edition of the Global Go To Think-Tank Index, published by the Think Tanks and Civil Societies Program of the University of Pennsylvania.
The prestigious annual index ranks think tanks from around the globe under several categories, both geographically and under various area of studies, with the aim to raise awareness about the roles that think tanks play in bridging the government with the civil societies.
The TEPSA Network features prominently in the rankings, with seventeen Member Institutes and Associate Members being chosen among the top think tanks of 2020:
- Institute of Advanced Studies (IHS), Austria;
- Institute for Development and International Relations (IRMO), Croatia;
- Institute of International Relations Prague, Czech Republic;
- Danish Institute of for International Studies (DIIS), Denmark;
- Finnish Institute of International Affairs (FIIA), Finland;
- Institute of World Economics, Hungary;
- Institute of International and European Affairs (IIEA), Ireland;
- International Affairs Institute (IAI), Italy;
- Latvian Institute of International Affairs (LIIA), Latvia;
- Institute of International Relations and Political Science (IIRPS), Vilnius University, Lithuania;
- Clingendael Institute, Netherlands;
- Norwegian Institute of International Affairs (NUPI), Norway;
- Elcano Royal Institute, Spain;
- Swedish Institute of International Affairs (UI), Sweden;
- Razumkov Centre, Ukraine;
- Istanbul Policy Centre (IPC), Sabanci University, Turkey;
- Barcelona Centre for International Affairs (CIDOB).
Multiple TEPSA Member Institutes and Associate Members appear in the index under various categories. The Elcano Royal Institute and the Clingendael Institute were ranked among the five Top Think Tanks in Western Europe. Meanwhile, the Razumkov Centre was selected as the best Think Tank in Central and Eastern Europe, and the Barcelona Centre for International Affairs (CIDOB) was among the top “Think Tanks to Watch”. In all, the TEPSA Network features in over 80 separate entries.
You can view the rankings in full here.