A seminar tailored to your needs
Bruges & Brussels, Belgium
3 – 21 July 2017
What is the Intensive Seminar?
The Intensive Seminar on the European Union is a three-, two- or one-week training programme providing professionals with in-depth knowledge and practical skills on EU decision-making and policies. Participants can choose between three different programmes, depending on their prior level and experience on EU affairs:
- For participants who seek to gain a thorough understanding or to refresh their knowledge on the EU, we propose a comprehensive programme covering the institutional framework and the main EU internal and external policies: the Classic three-week programme;
- Participants that already possess a good knowledge of the EU institutional framework are invited to join the Advanced two-week programme benefiting from a full analysis of both the internal and external policies of the EU;
- Participants who already master the institutional framework and have a very good understanding of the EU policies are invited to join the Compact one-week programme on the European Commission priorities, a practical review of the current initiatives put into practice by the European Commission.
The three programmes focus on the latest developments of the EU and are practice-oriented; the seminar aims to improve participants’ professional skills and performance when working on EU affairs.
The seminar will be organised for the 24th year in a row in the Bruges campus of the College of Europe and is the flagship programme among the College of Europe Delopment Executive Education courses.
Each year, a group of 40 to 80 highly motivated professionals from all over the world representing the public and private sectors, civil society and academia participate in the Intensive Seminar to improve their EU knowledge and skills.
The programme offers an intensive and practice-oriented learning experience in a truly European environment giving you the possibility to:
- Improve, extend and update your current knowledge and understanding of the EU through the numerous analytical and practice-oriented sessions and choose the programme that responds to your needs;
- Strengthen your professional skills through exercises in managing the information flow in EU affairs, communication, presentation, negotiation and lobbying practice;
- Attend training courses in both English and French;
- Experience ‘Brussels’ during and after the sessions with EU practitioners and during a visit to the EU institutions while participating in the Classic programme;
- Enjoy a unique opportunity to debate the EU and extend your personal and professional network with participants of over 30 different nationalities;
- Benefit from the College’s European Documentation Centre and Library – one of the world’s largest repositories of EU information materials.