Online Course: “Data Protection Certification Course”, 14-18 June 2021 (EIPA, Maastricht)
Are you willing to go that extra mile to become the next generation Data Protection Officer? Because this is what we, at EIPA, have done when preparing this course for you! In a time of unprecedented challenges to our status quo, with organisations forced to adapt overnight to the new normal, data protection has been ranking high on the European agenda. More than ever, you will play an essential role in supporting your organisation to safeguard the privacy rights in a time of accelerated digital transformation.
This is why a multifaceted approach in delivering this course is paramount. Experts and practitioners at the forefront of data protection will guide you along the legal framework of the European data protection legislation, while elaborating on some of the most pressing privacy-related issues that have emerged in the context of the pandemic. This will involve applying an interactive and on-the-job methodology: role playing, concrete and realistic case studies, with both successful and non-successful outcomes and peer-to-peer discussions. By the end of the course, you will be provided with all the tools to design or augment a thorough data protection compliance programme in your organisation.
What will you learn?
- The European legal framework for data protection (including the GDPR);
- Key data protection concepts, principles and obligations;
- Actors, roles and responsibilities;
- The role of the DPO (Data Protection Officer), the EDPS (European Data Protection Supervisor) and the national supervisory authorities;
- Severity assessment of data breaches and assurance role of the DPO (accountability, requirements and demonstrating compliance);
- Cyber security, data protection audits, privacy and digital sovereignty;
- Options and solutions for cross-border data transfer and third-country data transfers;
- e-Privacy design and impact assessment;
- Grounds for processing, including legitimate interest and consent;
- The rights of data subjects and how to handle them.
Programme Organiser: Ms Eveline Hermens
Learn more here.
Click here for the the events archive.