Conference: “The Role of State in Varieties of Capitalism”, 29 November (IWE CERS, Hungary)
The topic of the conference this year is ‘The changing repertoire of state intervention to promote development in an unfolding new world order’. The SVOC conference will be organized in a hybrid form (depending on the pandemic situation) with both onsite and online sessions. Contributions to SVOC2021 should be related to the general theme of the conference, especially but not exclusively focusing on the following topics:
- Enhancing the theoretical framework of Varieties of Capitalism (VoC) research
- The (comparative) analysis of contemporary variants of state capitalism
- Developmental states in the twenty-first century
- Democratisation/re-democratisation and the developmental state;
- Is there any convergence to be seen across successful development strategies in the emerging world, or “varietas delectat”?
- Post-crisis, alternative trajectories and models of sustainable human development
- New perspectives of post-crisis development: focusing on the social component
- Consequences of the crisis for changes in the level of democracy/democratisation processes
- Environmental considerations in varieties of capitalism
- The monetary-fiscal link in state-led intervention
The keynote speakers will be:
- Professor Elizabeth THURBON (Scientia Associate Professor, University of New South Wales, Sidney)
Keynote title: Governing for Development in a Crisis-Plagued World: Can We Map a Way Forward?)
- Professor László BRUSZT (Professor of Sociology and Co-Director of Democracy Institute, Central European University)
The SVOC2021 conference is organized by the Institute of World Economics of the Centre for Economic and Regional Studies and Democracy Institute, Central European University.
Format: hybrid (with both onsite and online sessions)
Learn more here.
Click here for the the events archive.