"Audit and Anti-Fraud Measures in ESI Funds and NextGeneration EU 2021-2027 Arachne", November 28-30 (EIPA, Maastricht)
How could we ensure effective and efficient control systems at the national level for the Recovery and Resilience Facility (RRF)? What are the audit rules for RRF and ESI Funds in the 2021-2027 programming period? What are the new fraud risks and how do we combat them? How do we apply Arachne effectively in the management verifications of Managing Authorities?
This highly practical two-and-a-half day course and workshop will provide you with answers to the above questions and more. The unique feature of the course is the combined experience of experts from the European Commission, the European Anti-Fraud Office (OLAF), the European Court of Auditors and National Audit Authorities.
What will you learn
The goal of this highly practical course and workshop extending over two and a half days is to present the following topics:
- Changes in the 2021-2027 programming period (Common Provisions Regulation [CPR] and other regulations) will be presented, such as: simplified costs and financing not linked to costs, proportionate control arrangement, annual accounts and audits, conditionalities, performance and proportional anti-fraud measures.
- The Recovery and Resilience Facility (RRF) – what are the requirements of the European Commission in relation to the measures of the Member States to prevent, detect and correct conflict of interests, corruption, fraud and double financing? How do we ensure sound financial management of the RRF funds, and how do we establish effective and efficient internal control systems? Is it a good idea for Member States to rely on the control systems for the national budget funds? Who will audit RRF funds? What will the audit look like, and what are the proportional anti-fraud measures under RRF?
- What are the new fraud risks and corruption practices, and how do we prevent and combat them?
- The organisation, mission, procedures and vision of the European Anti-Fraud office (OLAF) for the new programming period 2021-2027 – what can we expect from OLAF in relation to the inspections of the RRF?
- Fraud in Structural and Cohesion Fund co-financed projects will be presented, with real-life examples from an OLAF expert.
- Arachne: practical tool of fraud prevention and detection for MS. How do we use Arachne effectively in the management verifications of the Managing Authorities? How do we use Arachne in the sampling methodology of the Managing Authorities if we decide to perform checks on a sample base?
- ESF/ERDF/CF audits: where are differences? How does it function in the programming period 2021-2027?
- Main elements of the ESF/ERDF/CF audits will be presented, and how to plan an efficient ESF/ERDF/CF audit.
- What are the main conflicts of interests and fraud risks in the processes of selection of project proposals and management verifications in the current programming period?
- What are the main errors and irregularities in projects co-funded by the ESF/ERDF/CF and significant risks related to RRF projects?
- ESF/ERDF audit findings in different Member States will be presented, including real case studies.
Learn more here.
Click here for the the events archive.