4 Dahrendorf Post-Doctoral Fellowships – Climate Change
1 Dahrendorf Post-Doctoral Fellowship – Europe in the World
The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), the Hertie School of Governance and Stiftung Mercator are pleased to launch the Dahrendorf Post-Doctoral Fellowships as part of a joint research initiative culminating in a Symposium on “Changing the European Debate: Focus on Climate Change” in late 2013. Honouring the intellectual legacy of Lord Dahrendorf, the Symposium is to offer European perspectives on climate change as a pressing global challenge.
The post-doctoral positions will be attached to one of five working groups:
1. Infrastructure and Climate Change, Mercator Research Institute on Global Commons and Climate Change (MCC) in Berlin
2. Governance and Policy Aspects of Climate Change, Hertie School of Governance in Berlin
3. Social and Cultural Aspects of Climate Change, Grantham Research Institute, LSE in London
4. Economics and Climate Change, Grantham Research Institute, LSE in London
5. Europe and the World, Hertie School of Governance in Berlin (with some time to be spent at LSE in London)
The post-doctoral researchers will be expected to play an active part in a network of academics and policymakers, in workshops, and in the production of publishable policy-oriented papers for the 2013 Dahrendorf Symposium in Berlin. The posts will be filled between September 2012 and January 2013 for one year. For further information about the Dahrendorf Symposium please see: www.dahrendorf-symposium.eu.
• Excellent recent doctoral degree in the social sciences, including economics, law and history
• Demonstrated research experience relevant to one or more of the working groups
• A good working knowledge of English
How to apply
Queries and applications for position 1, 2 and 5 should be sent to Ms Brincker at the Hertie School in Berlin (email@example.com).For further information also go here.
Further information and online application for position 3 and 4 can be found here
• Cover letter stating which of the post-doctoral positions you apply for; attach 1-2 page description of potential research issues or questions to be addressed
• Curriculum Vitae and recent writing sample
• Three names of referees with contact details
The Fellowships include a competitive salary for an initial period of 12-month appointment (full time position), and a travel budget of 5.000 Euro.