The programme offers problem-focused learning at the crossroads of theory and practice. Students gain a strong academic background and are prepared for the job market through a variety of trainings in professional and practical skills.
Five fundamental modules form the framework of teaching and research. International guest lecturers, experts from various European and international organisations, as well as researchers from partner institutions contribute to these modules.
1. The EU in a Multipolar World
2. Policy Making in the EU
3. Federalism, Governance and Democracy
4. The European Economy and Globalisation
5. Professional Skills Workshops
Graduates receive two certifications:
- The Master in Advanced European and International Studies European Policy and Governance. This is the diploma of CIFE as a private institute of higher education, certifying the successful completion of the academic curriculum and granting 60 ECTS at Master level.
- The degree qualification “Policy Officer in European and International organisations” (level 7 EQF), recognised by the French state.
IFE is a private, non-profit European institute of higher education. We belong to the six designated institutions receiving special funding by the European Union in the framework of the Jean Monnet programme.
Thanks to this grant by the European Union, each CIFE student benefits from significantly reduced study fees. Those fees not only cover tuition and mentoring, but also the accommodation in Berlin, travel costs to/from Canterbury and Berlin as well as the study trip to Brussels, Luxembourg and Strasbourg.
Moreover, CIFE is able to offer different scholarships to qualified students in need.
The overall tuition fee of the Master of Advanced European and International Studies – Trilingual Studies – amounts to 8,900 €.
Scholarships to cover the total or partial costs of tuition and living expenses can be granted by different organisations. A limited number of scholarships can be awarded by CIFE to particularly qualified candidates.
Learn more here.