The programme offers problem-focused learning at the crossroads of theory and practice. Students gain a strong academic background and are prepared for the job market through a variety of trainings in professional and practical skills. Participants are actively involved in the organisation of workshops and participate in a simulation of a local decision-making process for the construction of wind farms as well as the elaboration of a policy strategy of energy cooperation. Field visits complement the benefits of the programme as well as the participation in international conferences, workshops and seminars.
Five basic modules form the framework of teaching and research at CIFE-IE•EI. International guest lecturers, experts from various European and international organisations, as well as researchers from partner institutions contribute to these modules.
1. International Energy Governance and Conflicts
2. Economic Energy Governance and Markets
3. Clean Energy Transitions in the European Union
4. Cities and Citizens in the Energy Transition Process
5. Professional Skills and Methodology
Graduates receive two certifications:
- The Master in Global Energy Transition and Governance. This is the diploma of CIFE as a private institute of higher education, certifying the successful completion of the academic curriculum and granting 60 ECTS at Master level.
- The degree qualification “Policy Officer in European and International organisations” (level 7 EQF), recognised by the French state. The professional title “Policy Officer in European and International Organisations” is currrently under renewal.
CIFE is a private, non-profit European institute of higher education. CIFE belongs to the six designated institutions receiving special funding by the European Union in the framework of the Jean Monnet programme.
Thanks to this grant by the European Union, each CIFE student benefits from significantly reduced study fees. Those fees not only cover tuition and mentoring, but also parts of the accommodation, travel costs from/to Nice and Berlin as well as the study trip to Brussels and field trips.
The overall tuition fee of the “Master in Global Energy Transition and Governance” amounts to 8,900 €.
Learn more here.