The Institute of International Relations Prague (IIR) has been the leading academic institution for the study of international relations in the Czech Republic since 1957. An active member of international research networks, the Institute’s mission is to conduct excellent academic research in the field of international relations and other related disciplines. The Institute, founded by and affiliated with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic, moreover provides policy analysis and recommendations that shape the decision making process at the national and EU levels. The third pillar of the Institute’s mission is to stimulate and broaden the horizons of expert, intellectual and public debates on foreign policy and global issues. Located in the historical centre of Prague, its venue and library provide a stimulating environment for scholars and students of international relations.
The Institute now seeks to hire a Postdoctoral Researcher (seven or less years since obtaining a Ph.D. or an equivalent title at the date of mobility project’s start) from abroad. The fellow will participate on the project “Promoting Global Knowledge Transfer for Transdisciplinary Research on International Relations “ (No. CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/18_053/0017539) financed from the Operational Programme Research, Development and Education (Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports). We invite applications from candidates with diverse disciplinary backrounds and expertise (regional, thematic) related to the research of international politics.
What We Expect
- a Ph.D. or an equivalent degree (Level 8 ISCED – International Standard Classification of Education),
- recent foreign residence (in the 3 years prior to the date of the commencement of the mobility, the successful candidate will have spent at least two years working outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research at least on a half-time basis, or was a Ph.D. student or a student working towards a similar degree equivalent of level 8 in the ISCED classification system) abroad (Czech citizens are not excluded provided they meet the condition of foreign residence)
- a solid theoretical and methodological background,
- previous experience with research and a track record of publishing activities (at least 2 academic publication outputs in the last 3 years),
- active participation during the fellowship in two conferences / seminars / workshops, etc. organized by IIR.
What We Offer
- a full time employment contract (40 hours per week), for 12 months (starting on Jan. 1, 2021),
- a gross monthly salary of CZK 67 000,
- an attractive working location in the center of Prague,
- a dedicated research mentor and research infrastructure,
- an excellent opportunity for scholars seeking public engagement and involvement in policy,
- an intellectually stimulating, fully internationalised research environment (English as a working language in the research department communication) offering a good work / life balance.
How to Apply
Candidates are kindly requested to send the following materials by email to the Mr. Jaromír Jurnost at firstname.lastname@example.org
- a cover letter
- a curriculum vitae
- a list of publications
The closing date for applications is November 15, 2020. Selected candidates shall be invited for interviews.
The expected start date is January 1, 2021.
The Institute of International Relations is a fair opportunity employer.
Learn more here.