Project Manager & Research Fellow (m/w/d) (60% part time, based on TVöD E 13) Reference Number: 10-2021
At the earliest possible date, DGAP are looking to fill the following position Project Manager & Research Fellow for further development and management of Network of Think Tanks on the Eastern Partnership.
Network of Think Tanks on the Eastern Partnership is a joint project of the DGAP and the Directorate-General for European Neighbourhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations (DG NEAR) of the European Commission. It aims to engage leading think tanks, policy experts, and policymakers from the EU member states and the eastern partners and beyond in an ongoing inclusive, coordinated, and systematic dialogue on the EU’s eastern policy.
- Coordinating the content-related research work on EU’s Eastern policy and Eastern partnership countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine);
- Planning, organizing, and following up on discussion panels and workshops;
- Communication with all project partners, DG NEAR, and institutions invited to join the activities of the network;
- Coordination of work with all think tanks involved in the project, including work on input papers;
- Managing project budget and related accounting activity;
- Managing the social media coverage of proposed activities and results achieved;
- Preparing project proposals and narrative reports;
- Compilation of policy-relevant publications;
- Media work (interviews/comments about policy issues).
Your background and skills:
- Master’s Degree in Political Sciences, International Relations, Regional Studies or another relevant discipline;
- Solid knowledge of the domestic and foreign policy of the Eastern Partnership counties as well as the EU policy making context;
- Solid track record of research publications on EU’s Eastern neighborhood and/or EU’s Eastern Partnership policy;
- Proven professional experience in research, project management and networking in the EU context;
- Proven experience in fundraising/ proposal writing;
- Language skills: excellent knowledge of English, knowledge of German and Russian is a plus;
- The ability to work flexibly, in a team, and under pressure.
What we offer:
- A responsible, exciting, and varied job in an open-minded team in a dynamic organization.
- Contact with national and international personalities from politics, business, media, and civil society.
- An opportunity to raise additional project funds;
- Flexible working hours.
If you have any questions regarding the content of the position, please contact Marina Solntseva (solntseva[at]dgap.org).
Your detailed application should include certificates and information on your earliest possible starting date. Please send it as only one PDF file, quoting the reference number 10-2021 to the attention of Milan Nič (jobs[at]dgap.org).
The application deadline is 21/02/2021.
Please note that only applicants who are invited to a selection interview will be contacted.
Learn more here.