Deadline: 26 March 2016
Notification of acceptance will be communicated on the 9th of April 2016.
In the context of new changes in the global security environment and of the subsequent development of new tools and approaches in the EU’s external action, including the first steps towards a new European Security Strategy, the Centre for International Studies at ISCTE-IUL (University Institute of Lisbon) is organizing an international conference, to be held in Lisbon, between May 23rd and 24th 2016. This interdisciplinary conference aims to understand the trajectories and potential of the EU as a global actor in areas related, but not limited, to security and defence.
The proposed papers should follow the main topics of the conference:
– The development of a new European Security Strategy
– The comprehensive approach in EU external action
– Non-proliferation of weapons of mass destruction
– Crisis management
– The refugee crisis and the EU’s response to asylum seekers
– Terrorism and organized crime
– Other threats to European and Global security
– The European Union and its Strategic Partners
How to submit:
Proposals (in English) should be submitted in the application form available here and include:
– Name, institutional affiliation and a short biographical note (550 characters with spaces)
– Abstract (1400 characters with spaces)
Additional information can be found here.
All inquiries should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org