The Istituto Affari Internazionali, on behalf of the EU Non-Proliferation and Disarmament Consortium, is organizing a “Next Generation Workshop”. The workshop will be held virtually on 25 November 2020, from 9am to 5pm Central European Time (CET).
The call is open to:
- junior diplomats, M.A and PhD students, researchers and professionals with proven experiencein the Arms Control, Non-Proliferation and Disarmament field who would like to make a presentation at the Workshop
- Undergraduate and M.A. students interested in attending the Workshop.
Selected speakers will be invited to make a presentation in one of the Workshop’s four sessions on the following areas/topics:
- The Future of Nuclear Arms Control and Non-Proliferation in an Era of Crumbling Treaties
- Arms Trade Regulation and the Fight Against Illicit Small Arms and Light Weapons (SALW)
- Regional Threats to Non-Proliferation and Arms Control
- The Impact of Emerging Technologies on International Security and Arms Control: From Cyber Attacks to Autonomous Weapons
Presentations should offer the speakers’ view on the topic under discussion and will be followed by comments from other participants, including EU officials. Each session will be chaired by members of the EUNPD Consortium and Network. Selected speakers will also be invited to virtually participate in the 2020 EU Non-Proliferation and Disarmament (EUNPD) Conference, on 12-13 November 2020. Candidates can be from both the EU or non-EU countries. Age limit: 36 years old by the end of 2020. Applicants must specify if they are applying as attendees or as speakers
- Résumé or CV (max 2 pages)
- Cover letter detailing:
- the applicant’s motivations for taking part in the exercise
- specifying the chosen topic for the presentation from the list above (only for speakers)
- 300-word abstract of the presentation (only for speakers)
- One letter of reference
Please note that incomplete applications won’t be considered. Applicants must submit their candidacy by 2 October 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only selected candidates will be contacted by 15 October 2020. Young women are highly encouraged to apply.
Read more here.