The NOVA FCSH will be hosting, on 16-17 April 2020, the VIII Europe in the World Annual Meeting, dedicated to «Europe of the Center and the Peripheries».
The international conference «Europe of the Center and the Peripheries» accepts proposals from several disciplinary areas, whose contributions – theoretical, empirical and/or comparative – include, among others:
• the concepts of center and periphery applied to European integration;
• cooperation and/or conflict of interest between center and periphery;
• a center vs. a variety of economic and social peripheries;
• the enlargement rounds and the creation of new peripheries;
• the role of regions and European multilevel governance;
• EU regional policy and the outermost regions;
• the European Regional Development Fund and the Cohesion Fundʼs role in the reduction of regional disparities;
• Europe at two or more speeds in the future of the EU.
Proposals should include the title, a summary (up to 300 words), three keywords and a biographical note (including institutional affiliation, academic degree and up to five most relevant publications), and be sent, in a single Word document, to email@example.com
Working languages: Portuguese and English
In principle, selected papers will be published after a blind peer-review process. No registration fee.
Submissions deadline: 20 September 2019
Notification of submission decision: 30 September 2019
Paper submission deadline: 28 February 2020
Read more about this conference here.