Founded in Bucharest in 2009, the Romanian Center for European Policies (CRPE) is one of the most experienced think tanks operating in the Central and Eastern Europe, a leading forum for debate for Eastern Partnership countries (focused especially on Republic of Moldova, Ukraine and Georgia) on EU affairs, reform of the judiciary and overall evidence-based public policy.
The programs implemented by CRPE focus on several major objectives:
- Providing innovative solutions for supporting justice/ anti-corruption initiatives in Romania and the region;
- Initiating projects meant to encourage debates on European and Romanian public policies;
- Capacity building on European issues and publishing studies, research papers and analysis on EU and EU-related policies;
- Initiating advocacy campaigns for good governance at the EU level;
- Strengthening citizen participation in the EU decision-making process by supporting informed dialogue and debate.
CRPE has been developing a strong in-house research capacity based on the permanent staff, benefiting from the expertise of its 10 staff members and over 15 affiliated experts. CRPE’s activity is dedicated to high standards in research and providing sound quality advice to our beneficiaries in public or private sector.
The organization is based in Bucharest, Romania, but has a branch opened in Chisinau, Republic of Moldova, demonstrating its commitment to support the European path of the EaP countries and especially Moldova. CRPE is the only Romanian think tank based both in Bucharest and Chisinau.
Throughout its activity, CRPE has published over 120 policy briefs and recommendations and has successfully implemented over 40 annual or multi annual projects. We have been working extensively and have an excellent track record with projects implemented in Romania, Republic of Moldova, Georgia, Ukraine or the Western Balkans.
CRPE is member of the civil society advisory platform for the implementation of the National Anticorruption Strategy and one of the leading organizations within the Partnership for Business Integrity Platform. Internationally, besides various networks, CRPE is part of the Trans European Policy Studies Association (TEPSA) and the Coalition for the European Continent Undivided by Visa Barriers.
Person responsible for VIADUCT activities: Alexandru Damian, Researcher