The Eastern Mediterranean Affairs (EMA) magazine focuses, as the name suggests, on Eastern Mediterranean issues and hosts expert opinions and interviews. EMA is part of the Eastern Mediterranean Studies Initiative (EMSI) and the School of Law of the University of Nicosia.
The first issue we focuses on International Relations and Crisis Management during COVID-19. It includes an interview with the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Cyprus, Mr. Nikos Christodoulides. Among other pertinent issues explored during the interview, the Minister replies to the editorial team’s question regarding cultural diplomacy and whether the MFA is utilizing sufficiently cultural diplomacy tools to achieve its goals.
- The Ambassador of the Russian Federation in Cyprus, HE, Mr. Stanislav Osadchiy
- The Ambassador of the State of Israel in Cyprus, HE, Mr. Sammy Revel
- The High Commissioner of UNHCR in Cyprus, HE Ms. Katja Saha
- The Chairman of the Natural Gas Public Company (CYGAS), Dr. Symeon Kassianides
- The Deputy Director-General for Public Diplomacy and the Director for Digital Diplomacy, of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Israel, Mr. Noam Katz and Yiftah Curiel
- our in-house expert, Prof. Peter Karayiannis, Professor of Microbiology / Molecular Virology, Medical School, University of Nicosia – on the challenges of the first COVID-19 wave
- finally, an article by myself, titled Attending to intended audiences: State(s) of digital communication during the pandemic: the cases of Cyprus and Greece.
The magazine will also be available here.