The data protection officer (DPO) is a key element of accountability as required by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR),which has been applicable since 25 May 2018. The designation of a DPO is mandatory for public authorities and other organisations if their core activities require regular and systematic monitoring of data subjects on a large scale or consist of processing on a large scale of special categories of data.
You will learn:
- How to deal with controllers’ expectations and manage diverging objectives in the business environment (stake holder management)
- How to ensure data protection by design and by default in a fast changing digital and legal environment
- How to assess data protection compliance and how it is interlinked with IT security
- Risk analysis & management
- How to assess issues related to personal data transfers
- What actions to take in case of personal data breaches
- How to implement controls.