Towards effective Monitoring and Evaluation for EU funded projects
5 – 7 June 2017 / Bruges, Belgium
About the course
Improve, extend and update your knowledge and understanding of the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) techniques through a specialized and practical training programme.
This technical and interactive training programme presents the purpose of M&E and useful practices. The objective of this course is to ensure that participants are thoroughly acquainted with the main principles and techniques of M&E of EU funded projects.
The programme includes an overview of the main procedures for effective M&E, as well as its main actors. It offers a comprehensive understanding of the M&E processes in relation to the project life cycle. The course uses examples of different EU funded projects; however, the emphasis is on the understanding of concepts and tools which can be applicable in projects of a wide variety of donors and institutions.
The programme combines training sessions on both substance and skills:
- Interactive training sessions presenting the main principles of Monitoring and Evaluation;
- Workshops and case studies designed to develop essential skills (based on examples of EU funded projects);
- Feedback sessions to consolidate knowledge and encourage discussion;
- Debates to promote experience sharing with lecturers and other participants.
Through this programme, participants will have an opportunity to:
- Improve, extend and update their knowledge and understanding of the Monitoring and Evaluation principles;
- Understand the role and importance of Monitoring and Evaluation throughout the project cycle;
- Obtain cutting-edge advice and insights from high-level lecturers, with experience in working on European funded projects;
- Strengthen their analytical skills through practical exercises.