How do the new Structural Funds Regulations change Financial Management and Audit rules for 2021-2027? What are the key live issues for Financial Management and Audit of Operational Programmes as we conclude the 2014-2020 period and how are these likely to evolve in the new period? This course will address these questions and take a close look at the programme, financial and reporting templates for the new programmes. There will be a special focus on extending the use of simplified cost options, the most frequent audit issues (eg. eligibility of expenditure, public procurement) and on the role of strategic procurement.
What you will learn?
Practical issues to be discussed will include:
- programme finance, financial tables and the flexibility proposed for 2021-2027
- key issues for the eligibility of expenditure
- the extended use of simplified cost options and how to choose between them
- changes to the audit of accounts, systems and operations
- dealing with irregularities, corrections, withdrawals
- comparing the payment profiles of Cohesion and RRF funding
- the link between finance and performance, using the Performance Framework
How we work
Alongside the EIPA experts, there will be keynote presentations from Dermot Byrne, a leading Member State audit practitioner, and a senior European Commission expert specialising in the use of strategic public procurement. We aim to make the course as interactive as possible. Participants will have ample opportunity to exchange views informally on the course topics. Workshops and exercises will be used to help participants get to grips with practical tools and methodologies.
Learn more here.