A practical 3-day workshop for Audit Authorities having for objective the exchange of experiences regarding fraud measures in EU fundings (ESIFs + RRF), conflict of interest, double financing, audit results based on Arachne or other similar tools used by AAs, measures applied in different Member States in order to ensure effective and efficient control systems at the national level for the Recovery and Resilience Facility. Audit results of 2014-2020 programming period and the current one 2021-2027.
What will you learn
The goal of this highly practical course and workshop extending over three days is to present the following topics:
- Changes in the 2021-2027 programming period: simplified costs and financing not linked to costs, proportionate control arrangement, annual accounts and audits, conditionalities, performance and proportional anti-fraud measures
- The Recovery and Resilience Facility (RRF) – measures applied in Member States to prevent, detect and correct conflict of interests, double financing, corruption and fraud, similarities and differences of internal control systems created and audits for RRF. How to put in place effective and efficient controls and anti-fraud measures for the RRF
- RePowerEU and modification of National Recovery and Resilience Plans
- European Anti-Fraud office (OLAF) in the programming period 2021-2027 – fraud in ESIF co-financed projects with real-life fraud examples; what can be expected from OLAF in relation to the inspections of the RRF
- ECA approach to ESIF and RRF audits, audit of milestones and targets, main findings of already performed by ECA RRF audits and shortcomings and irregularities detected, ECA’s upcoming RRF audits
- Practical use of Arachne and similar tools in Member States, how to use effectively Arachne to detect irregularities and fraud in RRF, advantages from the data mining programmes
- Main conflicts of interests and fraud risks in the processes of selection of project proposals and management verifications in the current programming period, what are the possible risks and fraud schemes in the RRF
- Main errors and irregularities in projects co-funded by the ESIF and significant risks related to RRF projects
After the presentations, you will work in small groups with experts on practical case studies.
Read more here.