The College of Europe in Bruges is seeking applications for the position of Academic Assistant (100% FTE) in the Academic Administration Office with a tentative starting date in mid-May 2023.
Following the official announcement by the Republic of Albania and the European Commission of the decision to support and finance the establishment of a new College of Europe campus in Tirana (Albania) – and the potential launch of the envisaged Master’s programme in the academic year 2024/2025 –, the College of Europe (campus Bruges) is recruiting an “Action Team of experts” in charge of the preparatory inception phase of the project.
In this framework, the College of Europe is looking for two Academic assistants to provide the necessary support to the Senior Academic Expert and the Academic Project Coordinator for the achievement of the objectives of conceiving and establishing the Master’s degree’s academic focus and programme with the potential launch of the envisaged Master’s programme in the academic year 2024/2025.
- Master’s degree in EU studies with an excellent average grade (at least 15 out of 20);
- very good command of English, with a good command of French, and other languages (incl. Albanian) considered an asset;
- ability to work as part of a team and also independently;
- interest in teaching and research;
- high measure of flexibility;
- good analytical and organisational skills, ability to meet tight deadlines and attention to detail;
- open personality with strong interpersonal, communication skills;
- result-oriented approach and a proactive and cooperative outlook.
Main tasks include:
- assist the Senior Academic Expert and the Academic Project Coordinator in all aspects of the conception and creation of a Master’s programme;
- assist the professors in setting up the curriculum (e.g. organisational back-up, compiling reading lists);
- give administrative and organisational support to daily activities of the “Action Team of experts”;
- academic-related administrative tasks in view of the potential launch of the envisaged Master’s programme in the academic year 2024/2025.
The College offers:
- an excellent academic setting;
- an employment contract with limited duration under Belgian law with a possibility of renewal;
- a pleasant, international working environment.
The successful candidate will be available to carry out his/her duties in Bruges, with limited homeworking possibilities (according to the College of Europe’s policy).
Applications in English or in French comprising a detailed curriculum vitae and a motivation letter (max. 1 page) should be submitted by Tuesday 2 May 2023.
Learn more here.