The Department of European Legal Studies is seeking applications for the position of academic assistant for the forthcoming Academic Year 2021-22 with a starting date of 16 August 2021 at the latest.
CoE are looking for graduates, holding an LLM in European Law, preferably candidates with a measure of College of Europe experience, with
- a mention “very good” or “excellent”,
- a very good command of English and French,
- the ability to work as part of a team,
- an interest in teaching and research,
- good organisational skills and
- a high measure of flexibility (working hours can include evenings or weekends).
- assisting professors (e.g. organisational back-up, compiling reading lists),
- teaching (e.g. giving tutorials, assisting the supervision of Master’s theses, providing academic advice to students including in Moot Courts) and being the interface between professors and students,
- organisation (e.g. departmental administration, guest lectures, conferences, participation in the selection of prospective students),
- own research and academic writing.
The College offers
- an excellent academic setting,
- a one-year contract under Belgian law, renewable
- a pleasant, international working environment
Applications comprising a detailed curriculum vitae and a motivation letter should be submitted by 7 May 2021 to Prof. Dr. I. Govaere, Director, Department of European Legal Studies, College of Europe at inge.govaere[at]coleurope.eu.
Should you require any further information on the position of academic assistant, please contact one of the current assistants in the department or Professor Govaere via Valérie Hauspie (valerie.hauspie[at]coleurope.eu). For information on the salary, please contact Isabelle Hillewaere (isabelle.hillewaere[at]coleurope.eu).