The Departments of European Legal Studies and European Economic Studies are seeking applications for the position of Academic Assistant for the ELEA option. This is a position for the option based in the Department of European Economic Studies with starting date on the 30th of January 2021.
We are looking for graduates, preferably candidates with College of Europe experience, with:
- a Master’s degree in economics and a strong background in law, OR
- a Master’s degree in law and a strong background in political science or economics.
- sound knowledge of EU institutions, principles of EU law and internal market
- very good academic grades, equivalent to an overall average of at least 15/20 at the College of Europe
- a very good command of English and French,
- the ability to work as part of a team,
- an interest in teaching and research,
- good organisational skills and
- a high measure of flexibility (working hours may include evenings or weekends)
- assisting professors (e.g. organisational back-up, research, preparing course materials)
- giving tutorials, assisting the supervision of MA theses, providing academic advice to students
- being the link between professors and students
- organisation (e.g. departmental administration, study trip, guest lectures)
- research (the assistant is expected to produce at least one research paper during the academic year on a topic related to the analysis of EU policies or regulation).
The College offers:
- an excellent and stimulating academic setting
- a one-year contract under Belgian law, renewable
- a pleasant, international working environment, and
- a competitive remuneration.
E-mail applications f.a.o. Prof. Béatrice Dumont, Director of the Department of European Economic Studies, comprising a detailed curriculum vitae, a motivation letter, and the names of two academic referees (with affiliation, and email address) should be submitted at the latest on the 4th of January to Tony O’Connor (email@example.com).
Job reference: ELEA Academic Assistant
Personal data provided in your application will only be processed for determining your qualifications for possible employment with the College of Europe.