The Department of European Political and Governance Studies at the College of Europe in Bruges, Belgium, is seeking applications for the position of Academic Assistant with a starting date of 16 August 2021 at the latest.
CoE are looking for candidates, preferably with a measure of College of Europe experience, with:
- a Master’s degree in EU studies with an excellent average grade (at least 15 out of 20),
- a very good command of English and French (written and oral),
- the ability to work as part of a team,
- an interest in teaching and research,
- good organisational skills, and
- a high measure of flexibility (working hours include evenings or weekends).
- assisting the professors (e.g. organisational back-up, compiling reading lists),
- teaching (e.g. giving tutorials, assisting in the supervision of Master’s theses, providing academic advice to students),
- departmental administration (e.g. study trip, guest lectures, exams, selection of new students), and
- own research and academic writing.
The College offers:
- an excellent academic setting,
- a one-year contract under Belgian law, renewable,
- a pleasant, international working environment, and
- a competitive remuneration.
Mail or e-mail applications either in English or French comprising a detailed curriculum vitae and a lettre de motivation should be submitted by 12 May.
Mrs Rina Balbaert, Secretary,
Department of European Political and Governance Studies
College of Europe
Should you require any further information, please contact Professor Michele Chang or one of the current Assistants in the Department via Rina Balbaert (rina.balbaert[at]coleurope.eu).For information on the salary, please contact Mrs Isabelle Hillewaere (isabelle.hillewaere[at]coleurope.eu).
The POL Department values gender balance among its staff