The European General Studies Programme is seeking applications for the position of academic assistant (part-time 50% or 60%) with a starting date as of 1 September 2021.
CoE are looking for graduates in Law, Political Science, Sociology, Economics or History, holding an advanced Master’s Degree in European Studies, preferably candidates with some familiarity with the College of Europe, with:
- a “very good” average mark (15/20),
- a very good command of French and English (oral and written),
- the ability to work as part of a team,
- an interest in teaching,
- a commitment to research,
- good organisational skills and
- a high measure of flexibility (working hours can include evenings or weekends).
- acting as the link between professors and students,
- teaching (e.g. giving tutorials, providing academic advice to students),
- assisting professors (e.g. organisational back-up, research, compiling reading lists),
- organise guest lectures, conferences etc. in cooperation with the rest of the team,
- and, in addition to the regular tasks, research and academic writing.
The College offers:
- an excellent academic setting,
- a one-year contract under Belgian law, renewable
- a pleasant, international working environment
Applications comprising a detailed curriculum vitae, a motivation letter written in French, and a copy of master transcript and grades, should be submitted BY E-MAIL (annelies.deckmyn[at]coleurope.eu) by 31 May 2021 to
Prof. Dr. Béatrice DUMONT
Academic Coordinator, European General Studies
College of Europe,
The interviews with the preselected candidates will take place online in June 2021.
Should you require any further information on the position of academic assistant, please contact the current assistants of the programme (see contact details here) or Prof. Dumont via Annelies Deckmyn (annelies.deckmyn[at]coleurope.eu). For information on the salary, please contact Ms Isabelle Hillewaere (isabelle.hillewaere[at]coleurope.eu).