The College of Europe in Bruges is seeking applications for the position of Academic Project Coordinator (100% FTE) in the Academic Administration Office with a tentative starting date in mid-May 2023.
Following the official announcement by the Republic of Albania and the European Commission of the decision to support and finance the establishment of a new College of Europe campus in Tirana (Albania) – and the potential launch of the envisaged Master’s programme in the academic year 2024/2025 –, the College of Europe (campus Bruges) is recruiting an “Action Team of experts” in charge of the preparatory inception phase of the project.
In this framework, the Academic Project Coordinator will be in charge of coordinating all the preparatory actions required on the academic side – with the support of two full-time Academic Assistants and liaising with the Administrative Project Coordinator –, in view of the establishment of the Master’s degree’s academic programme.
- postgraduate degree in European studies, law, economics, political science or international relations. A PhD in one of these fields is considered an asset;
- a very good command of English, with a good command of French, and other languages, considered an asset;
- a very good understanding of the EU, its institutions and policies;
- a very good understanding of the College of Europe;
- minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience. Relevant experience in the design and development of academic programmes (higher education) and accreditation processes is considered an asset;
- relevant experience in training design and development is considered a strong asset;
- strong experience in building and expanding networks of experts and partners;
- full computer literacy;
- good analytical and organisational skills, ability to meet tight deadlines and attention to detail;
- result-oriented approach and a proactive and cooperative outlook;
- ability to work autonomously and as a team member;
- open personality with strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills and a flexible and dynamic attitude.
Main tasks include:
- in close coordination with a Senior Academic Expert, responsible for designing the academic programme, setting the foundation for the curriculum and courses that will be offered to students and identifying professors;
- once the overall framework of the program is ready, start implementing the creation of the curriculum and course outlines;
- identify the target audience for the Master’s degree (aiming at reaching a diverse student body, composed of both local and international students, with a specific interest in EU affairs and the Balkan region);
- develop a communication strategy in view of the launch of admissions;
- prepare and launch the recruitment process for the first student cohort of the Tirana campus;
- supervise the selection process of the incoming students;
- assist the College administration (i.e., the Academic Administration Office) in pursuing the Master’s degree accreditation, obtaining legal expertise on the setup of the campus, etc.;
- liaise with the Administrative Project Coordinator on all administrative needs, such as ICT support and equipment, students’ integration into the Bruges system or dedicated platform, course scheduling, room allocations, finance, and budget;
- coordinate the work of a team of two Academic Assistants;
- liaise with experts, professors, trainers, participants and partners;
- budgeting and reporting to the Director of the Academic Administration Office.
The College offers:
- an excellent academic setting;
- an employment contract with limited duration under Belgian law with a possibility of renewal;
- a pleasant, international working environment.
The successful candidate will be available to carry out his/her duties in Bruges, with limited homeworking possibilities (according to the College of Europe’s policy).
Applications in English or in French comprising a detailed curriculum vitae and a motivation letter (max. 1 page) should be submitted by Tuesday 2 May 2023.
Learn more here.