The College of Europe in Bruges is seeking applications for the position of Administrative Project Coordinator (100% FTE) in the Academic Administration Office with a tentative starting date in mid-May 2023.
Following the official announcement by the Republic of Albania and the European Commission of the decision to support and finance the establishment of a new College of Europe campus in Tirana (Albania) – and the potential launch of the envisaged Master’s programme in the academic year 2024/2025 –, the College of Europe (campus Bruges) is recruiting an “Action Team of experts” in charge of the preparatory inception phase of the project.
In this framework, the Administrative Project Coordinator will be in charge of all the preparatory actions needed on the administrative and logistic side of the establishment of a new College of Europe campus in Tirana according to the College of Europe’s standards and requirements. The Administrative Project Coordinator will also supervise the coordination of the logistics in view of the creation of a new campus (facilities, residences, offices, etc.) in cooperation with the Liaison Officer in charge of the contacts with the Albanian authorities and counterparts/stakeholders.
The Administrative Project Coordinator will liaise with the Academic Project Coordinator for all related academic aspects in view of the establishment of the Master’s degree’s academic.
- postgraduate degree in European studies, law, economics, political science or international relations;
- very good command of English, with a good command of French, and other languages considered an asset;
- a very good understanding of the College of Europe;
- minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience;
- relevant experience in training design and development, and project management, is considered a strong asset;
- strong experience in building and expanding networks of experts and partners;
- full computer literacy;
- good analytical and organisational skills, ability to meet tight deadlines and attention to detail;
- result-oriented approach and a proactive and cooperative outlook;
- ability to work autonomously and as a team member;
- open personality with strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills and a flexible and dynamic attitude.
Main tasks include:
- manage the resources (including financial, human, and material resources) required for the establishment of the College of Europe campus in Tirana, in close cooperation with the Bruges administration and services concerned, in order to correctly implement the different components of the action;
- supervise the logistics and establishment of the new campus (i.e. the infrastructure to support its educational, research, and administrative activities, including classrooms, library, computer labs, student housing, administrative offices, and other facilities provided by the Government of Albania);
- supervise the identification and training of the staff required to deliver the educational program, conduct research, and provide administrative support;
- oversee the development, implementation and monitoring of project according to the College of Europe standards;
- liaise with the Liaison Officer and the Albanian stakeholders/counterparts;
- provide administrative support in cooperation with different services of the College of Europe in Bruges;
- budgeting and reporting to the Director of the Academic Administration Office.
The College offers:
- an excellent academic setting;
- an employment contract with limited duration under Belgian law with a possibility of renewal;
- a pleasant, international working environment.
The successful candidate will be available to carry out his/her duties in Bruges, with limited homeworking possibilities (according to the College of Europe’s policy).
Applications in English or in French comprising a detailed curriculum vitae and a motivation letter (max. 1 page) should be submitted by Tuesday 2 May 2023.
Learn more here.