The Istituto Affari Internazionali (IAI), based in Rome, (Italy), is seeking to hire a Senior Researcher/Director responsible for the Energy, climate and resources Programme.
His/her tasks will include:
- Drafting and management of national and European research projects
- Fundraising and networking activities aimed at developing the programme
- Coordinating researchers and staff assigned to the programme
- Researching and writing research papers, policy briefs and op-eds
- Supervision of material to be published
- Organizing seminars and conferences
- Presenting and participating in conferences, briefings and lectures
- Supervision and coordination with the communication team on external communication about projects for which s/he is responsible
- Serving as a full-time senior researcher, sitting on IAI’s committees or working groups, attending inhouse meetings, participating in the admission process to the Program for researchers and interns and in cross-cutting activities as needed.
Qualifications/The ideal candidate should have:
- Have a Ph.D. or have at least six years of professional experience in research at national and / or international research institutions, governmental institutions, international organizations, NGOs
- Excellent English writing and communication skills; Fluency or proficiency in Italian
- Familiarity and experience with both the academic literature and policy debate on international, and specifically economic, issues
- Have a network of contacts in academia (Italian and international), private sector (Italian), medium (Italian), government (Italian) and institutions (Italian and EU) will be considered an asset.
Specializations of interest:
- economic / industrial and political / strategic issues related to the energy, climate and environment sectors
- sustainable development policies.
- Availability both to research activities and to operational work
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Aptitude for communication
- Availability to travel
The successful candidate will be offered a contract lasting from February 3rd, 2020 to December 31st, 2020. The contract may be renewed. Please email cover letter, resume with a full list of publications, writing sample, and two references to: placement(at)iai.it (Re: ECR-2020).
Applications are due by 7 January 2020, h.23:59 (CET). No phone calls, please. The selected candidates will be convened for an interview that will take place in Rome at IAI. Exceptionally, talks via Skype will also be possible. Please note that the Selection Board’s work and deliberations are strictly confidential.
Deadline: 7 January 2020