The TEPSA Secretariat is looking for a Financial Manager to provide sound financial and administrative management of the organisation. The successful candidate will join an enthusiastic, committed, dynamic and international team that interacts with partners from across Europe.
The Financial Manager should have relevant work experience in managing the EU-funded projects, preferably in a non-profit organisation. He/she should be able to work autonomously, have outstanding organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work demands and tasks. At the same time, attention to detail that solid financial management requires is a must.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Secretary General and the Treasurer of the organisation, the Financial Manager is offered a one-year contract under Belgian law, with the possibility of extension. The work location is Brussels. The gross monthly remuneration envisaged for this position is dependent on the qualifications and years of experience of the candidate. Extra benefits include the provision of daily lunch vouchers (€8/day), écochèques (€250/year), ticket sport et culture (€100/year), DKV hospitalisation and complementary insurance, reimbursement of internet and phone subscription and public transport (STIB, €499/year), depending on the distance between the workplace and the place of residence.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Financial management and coordination, project finance reporting to the European Commission and the European Parliament;
- Ensuring compliance of project budgeting and financial reporting with funding partners’ contracts and regulations;
- Annual/multi-annual organisational budget planning, execution and reporting;
- Budgeting as part of grant applications, managing administrative aspects of grant applications;
- Liaising with the EU financial authorities, auditors, TEPSA accountant and the Belgian tax authorities;
- Processing and validation of invoices, expenses, payments and reimbursements;
- Reconciliation of income/expenses booked as well as bank balances together with the accountant.
- Experience in management of EU-funded projects and/or operating grants;
- Experience with external audits;
- Degree in Finances, Business or equivalent;
- Fluency in English and French;
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite, in particular Excel;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines and objectives in an autonomous manner;
- Ability to multitask and maintain a close relationship with several stakeholders Eligible to work in Belgium.
Desirable Experience and Expertise:
- Basic experience with Belgian accounting standards and software (e.g. Falco)
Applicants are requested to send their CV, cover letter and the names of two references to TEPSA’s Executive Director Ms Mariam Khotenashvili (recruitment[at]tepsa.eu) with the following subject line: Finance Manager [Your name].
The closing date for applications is 26 June 2022 however, early applications are highly encouraged, and the application received will be reviewed on a rolling basis. The starting date of the position is Monday 01 August 2022.
Please note that we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates. Interviews will be conducted online or at TEPSA’s premises in Brussels. No travel reimbursement is available for the interviews.
Read the full vacancy notice here.