TEPSA is looking for a Project Manager to start as of August 2022. The successful candidate will join our small and dynamic office, where everyone plays an important role and has an impact.
The Project Manager will cooperate closely with TEPSA member institutes, EU institutions and other think-tanks and academic institutions across Europe. The position will allow the successful candidate to further develop his/her project management, reporting, research and outreach skills and gain insights into EU policy making and policy analysis. The successful candidate will mainly manage the provision of external expertise to the European Parliament within TEPSA’s Framework Contracts as well as contribute to the implementation of TEPSA’s Horizon project activities – in particular in the framework of the project ‘RECLAIM’ focusing on the challenges of post-truth politics to liberal democracy – with a focus on research dissemination, event organisation and outreach to citizens. The candidate will also contribute to TEPSA’s fundraising activities by screening new opportunities and drafting project proposals.
The role would suit a candidate with a background in EU affairs and at least 2 years of experience in project management. Candidates with a thematic focus on EU external policies, foreign affairs, development, human rights and gender equality are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will be offered a one-year contract under Belgian law on a full-time basis. The possibility of extension of the contract will depend on the performance of the candidate and on TEPSA’s volume of projects at a given time. The gross monthly remuneration envisaged for this position is dependent on the qualifications and years of experience of the candidate. Extra benefits include the provision of daily lunch vouchers (€8/day), DKV medical and hospitalisation insurance, éco-chèques (250€/year) or public transport (STIB) -depending on the distance between the workplace and the place of residence (€499/year), and internet/GSM subscription.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Management and implementation of the provision of external expertise to the European Parliament and other EU institutions
- Coordination of studies on a variety of topics
- Quality check and proofreading of research papers
- Planning, organisation and follow up of project events and meetings
- Liaison with TEPSA members and EU institutions
- Screening of new funding opportunities
- Drafting of project proposals
- Outreach and dissemination activities
- General administrative tasks
- Master’s degree in EU studies/political science/European law or a related discipline
- Interest in and solid understanding of the functioning and structure of the EU
- At least two years of relevant professional experience in project management, including experience with managing EU research projects and drafting EU funding applications (particularly Horizon Europe programme)
- Experience in review, editing and proofreading
- Excellent command of English; French is an asset
- Excellent knowledge of the MS Office suit
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multitask, prioritize and perform under tight deadlines, attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team spirit and ability to work autonomously
- Eligible to work in Belgium (work permit)
Desirable Expertise and Experience:
- Experience in working for or with EU institutions (particularly the European Parliament)
- Experience in working for a think tank or a membership-based organisation
- Experience with Belgian funds for academic and research organisations (private and/or public)
- Thematic expertise on EU external policies, foreign affairs, development, democracy, human rights and/or gender equality.
Applicants are requested to send their CV, cover letter and the names of two references to TEPSA’s Executive Director Ms Mariam Khotenashvili (recruitment[at]tepsa.eu) with the following subject line: Project Manager [Your name].
The closing date for applications is 26 June 2022 (midnight); however, early applications are highly encouraged, and the application received will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please note that we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates. Interviews and a written exercise will be conducted online or at TEPSA’s premises in Brussels, depending on the health situation. No travel reimbursement is available for the interviews.
Read the full vacancy notice here.