The TEPSA Secretariat in Brussels is looking for a Financial Manager to provide sound financial and administrative management of the organisation. The successful candidate will join an enthusiastic, committed, dynamic and international team that interacts with partners from across Europe.
The Financial Manager should have relevant work experience in managing the EU-funded projects, preferably in a non-profit organisation. He/she should be able to work autonomously, have outstanding organisational skills and the ability to prioritise work demands and tasks. At the same time, attention to detail that solid financial management requires is a must.
Periodically reporting to the Treasurer of the organisation, the Financial Manager is offered a permanent contract under the Belgian law. The gross monthly remuneration envisaged for this position is dependent on the qualifications and years of experience of the candidate. Extra benefits include the provision of daily lunch vouchers (€8/day), écochèques (€250/year), ticket sport et culture (€100/year), DKV hospitalisation and complementary insurance, reimbursement of internet and phone subscription and public transport (STIB, €499/year), depending on the distance between the workplace and the place of residence.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Financial management and coordination, project finance reporting to the European Commission and the European Parliament;
- Ensuring compliance of project budgeting and financial reporting with funding partners’ contracts and regulations;
- Annual/multi-annual organisational budget planning, execution and reporting;
- Budgeting as part of grant applications, managing administrative aspects of grant applications;
- Liaising with the EU financial authorities, auditors, TEPSA accountant and the Belgian tax authorities;
- Processing and validation of invoices, expenses, payments and reimbursements;
- Reconciliation of income/expenses booked as well as bank balances together with the accountant.
- Experience in management of EU-funded projects and/or operating grants
- Degree in Finances, Business or equivalent. Alternatively, degree in Political and Social sciences, combined with an experience in management of EU-funded projects.
- Fluency in English and basic knowledge of French
- Proficiency in the MS Office Suite, in particular Excel
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines and objectives in an autonomous manner
- Eligible to work in Belgium
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE & EXPERTISE
- Basic experience with Belgian accounting standards and software (e.g. Falco)
- Experience with external audits
Applicants are requested to send their CV, cover letter and the names of two references to TEPSA’s Executive Director Ms Mariam Khotenashvili (recruitment[at]tepsa.eu) with the following subject line: Finance Manager [Your name].
Early applications are highly encouraged, and the applications received will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please note that we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates. Interviews will be conducted online or at TEPSA’s premises in Brussels. No travel reimbursement is available for the interviews.