The College of Europe (Bruges campus) is seeking applications for the position of a part-time Chair in Transatlantic Trade and Economy (25% FTE, 9.5 h/week) connected with the joint College of Europe-Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy Master of Arts in Transatlantic Affairs (MATA) programme (https://www.coleurope.eu/study/master-arts-transatlantic-affairs-mata) and in cooperation with Microsoft. The position’s starting date is 1 September 2023.
Essential requirements are:
- a demonstrable interest and recognized expertise in transatlantic trade and economic relations, including technology and digital affairs;
- a strong publication record;
- an excellent command of English, with a good command of French considered an asset; and
- a high measure of flexibility.
- co-teaching a compulsory course on transatlantic relations;
- teaching an elective course or compact seminar in the Chairholder’s area of expertise;
- developing and conducting an original scientific research programme in their area of expertise;
- organizing events with key actors in transatlantic trade and economic affairs;
- organizing an annual conference for young transatlantic leaders;
- interacting with key EU stakeholders, civil society and the broader policymaking audience;
- organizing study visits on transatlantic topics to EU and other institutions;
- organizing networking events with alumni of the College of Europe and the Fletcher School around the Chair’s activities and projects;
- contributing to the communication, dissemination and visibility of the Chair’s activities and the MATA programme;
- overseeing a team of one part-time Research Assistant and a part-time secretary;
- budgeting and reporting.
The College offers:
- an excellent academic setting;
- a stimulating and international working environment;
- a two-year contract; and
- a competitive remuneration in relation to qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Applications (in English) comprising a detailed curriculum vitae, a list of publications and courses taught as well as a letter of motivation and contact details of two references should – in one single PDF file – be submitted by email at the latest by Thursday, 23 March 2023 (11.59 p.m. CET) to
College of Europe
Dijver 11, 8000 Bruges
Successful applicants will be invited for an interview (taking place in mid-April 2023). Should you require any further information on the tasks, please contact Prof. Dr. Michele Chang, Director of the MATA programme (michele.chang@[at]coleurope.eu). For more information on the contract conditions, please contact Ms Isabelle Hillewaere, HR Director (isabelle.hillewaere[at]coleurope.eu).