The College of Europe, Bruges campus, is looking for a new Director (100% position, 38h/week) to head a restructured Communications, Events and External Relations Office (directly linked to the Rector’s Office). The successful candidate should be available to start by April 2023.
They are looking for university graduates, preferably with some familiarity with the College of Europe, possessing:
- Significant professional experience in the area of communications and event organisation;
- Very good command of English and French (written and oral) – Dutch is an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and organisational skills;
- Entrepreneurial/proactive mindset;
- General understanding of academic institutions and trends as well as European Union affairs;
- Proven ability to work in a multicultural/international environment;
- High degree of creativity, resilience, and flexibility (working hours may include evenings or weekends).
- Overall managerial responsibility for the Office (procedures, deliverables, budget, personnel);
- Development and implementation of a comprehensive communication and outreach strategy for the Bruges campus;
- Responsibility for content published on the College’s social media accounts and website (text, photo, video, podcasts, etc.);
- General oversight of content published on the College’s intranet and info screens (e.g., event announcements);
- Responsibility for the preparation and dissemination of information materials like brochures, flyers, e-newsletters, etc.;
- Providing guidance on overall branding and concrete graphic design decisions (e.g., logos, signage on campus);
- Overseeing and ensuring the smooth organisation of events (e.g., with high-level external speakers/guests), including protocol and related communication activities;
- Press and media relations;
- Coordination of contact/engagement with external stakeholders/cooperation partners, especially in the context of events and long-term partnerships;
- Further development of the Office’s contact databases;
- Liaison and coordination with all offices/services (i.a., ICT/webmaster) and academic departments as well as the Natolin campus’ Communications, Marketing and Recruitment Office;
- Representing the Communications, Events and External Relations Office in all internal decision-making and coordination bodies;
- Reporting to the Rector on all matters linked to the Communications, Events and External Relations.
- Strategic vision and direction: In consultation with the Rector, the Director develops vision, goals, and priorities for their office/service/department. S/he generates concrete plans for others to contribute to these strategic goals.
- Resource management: The Director independently determines operational activities or work plans based on the College’s objectives. S/he is capable of organizing, planning, and executing complex, detailed projects or initiatives and aligning necessary resources.
- Responsibility and accountability: The Director works accurately, paying attention to detail with ultimate responsibility for work products/activities.
- Decision-shaping and results-orientation: In the area of their responsibility, the Director takes informed decisions. S/he communicates these decisions in an appropriate way and ensures their implementation in a results-oriented manner.
- Guidance and development of people: The Director provides constructive, timely and precise feedback to help staff set and realise goals. S/he gives concrete suggestions for improvement.
The College Offers
- Work contract of unlimited duration under Belgian law;
- International working environment at a renowned academic institution;
- Possibility to develop and implement new projects and initiatives in a dynamic setting;
- Option to telework up to two days per week;
- Competitive remuneration.
Applications, either in English or French, comprising a letter of motivation and a detailed curriculum vitae, should be addressed to:
College of Europe
and submitted via email in one single PDF file by Monday, 23 January 2023 (12 p.m. CET) to rector[at]coleurope.eu.
Selected applicants will be invited for an interview taking place in early February 2023. Should you require any further information on the content of the position, please contact Ms Angela O’Neill, Communications Director (angela.oneill[at]coleurope.eu). For further information on the contract and remuneration conditions, please contact Ms Isabelle Hillewaere, Director HR (isabelle.hillewaere[at]coleurope.eu).
The personal data provided in your application will only be processed for determining your qualifications for possible employment with the College of Europe.
Learn more here.