The Istituto Affari Internazionali (IAI), based in Rome (Italy), is seeking to hire a Researcher responsible for research, reporting and outreach on European affairs, with a particular focus on European integration, EU institutions and political, economic and democratic trends in Europe. Expertise on European foreign policy would also be valued.
His/her tasks will include:
- Researching and writing research papers, policy briefs and op-eds;
- Editing papers for publication;
- Organizing seminars and conferences, and writing reports based on these events;
- Supporting the coordination of international research teams and projects, including also political and civil society representatives;
- Presenting and participating in conferences, briefings and lectures;
- Identifying fundraising opportunities and developing the network of the EU, politics and institutions Programme;
- Updating IAI’s website and coordinating communication activities related to the projects on which the researcher will work.
Qualifications/The ideal candidate should have:
- A Ph.D. or be a PhD candidate with at least three years of professional experience in research;
- Excellent English writing and communication skills;
- Fluency or proficiency in Italian;
- Familiarity and experience with both the academic literature and policy debate on European governance issues;
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team.
Learn more here.